Thursday, July 3, 2008

25 reasons why after five years I still am head over heals for my hubby:

1. Five years ago today was the greatest day of my life and that wouldn't have been possible without Blake. He truly is the love of my life!

2. I have had some of the best trips all over the world and they are all because of my amazing hubby (Guam, Australia, Jamaica, Japan, and ALLL over the US) below is us on our honeymoon in Jamaica.. please no laughing at me in my swimsuit....
3. Blake is so much fun to be around. He fits in nicely with my family and gives my brother a run for his money in the knowledge department.

4. He is so smart and yet is so humble that he never shows off. He has a Masters in Nuclear Engineering Management and a bachelors in Material Science Engineering. Neither of which could I even attempt to tackle.
5. He gives the best foot rubs and always offers to do something really nice for me when he knows I've had a rough day, no matter how rough his was.

6. He loves the Chicago Cubs and has made me a fan as well. He is so patient to explain "cubs" stuff when I don't understand.

7. He has also excepted my PASSION for home decorating and never complains or persists when I want to paint/change something/ re-decorate. He is even so nice to watch some of the decorating shows with me and point out ideas he likes.
8. He is dedicated to his job. He NEVER complains about the long hours and time away from home. He is well decorated and yet remains humble about all the accomplishments he has. Below is a day that he had duty on board USS Alexandria in Groton, CT and I went down to have dinner with him.
9. He is so excited to be a dad that it makes me feel assured that we will be great parents.

10. He is the best dog dad EVER. He is always thinking of ways we can do fun things and make sure Ripley is involved. AWWWEEE. (Ripley is how Blake Proposed for those of you that don't know... he was a tiny puppy and Blake tied my ring around his neck)

11. He loves and appreciates when I cook. AND even when I know I made something that tastes bad he will always eat it so I don't feel bad (Nice or just plain crazy????)

12. He loves the outdoors and is constantly pushing me to be as active as possible. He is a dedicated to staying fit....and I am "trying" to keep up.
13. Even when he makes goofy faces he still looks amazing in his many uniforms!! YUMMY!!!

14. Anytime we are out and about he always holds my hand or wraps his arm around me. It makes me feel good to know he likes being around me.

15. He knows how much I hate to do yard work and mow the lawn so, when he is home, he does all the yard work. I LOVE IT!!!

16. Whenever he gets back from a deployment or an underway it's like our honeymoon all over again. He really knows how to make a girl feel special and, if their was a fun port call, I usually get really cool presents!!!

17. He is the best nurse and caregiver with no hesitation when I am sick, have surgery, or need a break. He hates to see me in pain and does whatever he can to keep me comfy!!!
18. He lets me pick out his clothes and shoes. He says that I think he looks good thats all that matters... I know that's weird but I love it!!!! and I always think he looks amazing!!!
He even let me pick out the tuxes for our wedding!!

19. When my car is running low on gas he will run out at night and fill it up for me..

20. He loves my family and friends as much as I do and makes sure we get to spend time with everyone when we can.

21. He has beautiful, amazing, mesmerizing, and kind eyes.... the make me melt.
22. He makes me laugh alllll the time and is always willing to try or do something funny...plus: he doesn't care what people think so he will do it anywhere!!!

23. He is the bread winner of the family and supports me and our family in EVERY way possible. It's nice to have a man like that where I never have to worry.
24. He ALWAYS kisses me good-bye in the morning and tells me how much he loves me before he leaves for work. ALWAYS!!!
25.... MOST IMPORTANT!!! Because he love me and shows it everyday in so many ways!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Allison said...

awwww you guys are too damn cute!!!!!

Happy 5th Anniversary!!!

Shalyse said...

I love this post! you are a sweet wife! I want to meet this wonderful man someday! :-)

and I KNOW you guys will make great parents!!!

Hillary said...

Congratulations guys!! Great post - you are both so lucky to have each other and one day your kids will be just as lucky to have you for their mom & dad!! I'm sure Ripley's already well aware :-)

Goldielocks said...

Wow.. that blog was so incredibly sweet! Love reading your blog, i really missed you at the 10 year!

hugs!